Lovely colors

P1120496-01


A Daydreaming Evoked By Swallows


Poem by Terry Dawson

The spring swallows return anew;
I search for the elusive blue.
Sky-rider of unequalled grace,
Conjures to sight likeness of you

My mind drifts now to far off place,
While in my heart an empty space;
Hopes of its cure will be in vain,
'Crept it be filled by woman's grace.

And so my thoughts return again
To the blue hills above the plain,
Where resides one who is new hope
To thirsting land of soothing rain.

A cottage stands upon the slope,
Within a girl is making soap.
A garden there with flowers white,
Near by a stream where leaf-boats float.

And through all the dark hours of night,
Visions of her invade my sight,
Fond thoughts of her are my delight;
Fond thoughts which flood my dark with light.

Source
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment