Lovely cats


By Windsor Guadalupe Jr
The people are all out
Of their homes,
And into their cars
With lavish seats.
All the people are either
Out or making love
To the saccharine sounds
From the bolstered jukebox.
Yes, all the people are out.
They are either drinking
Until they lose themselves
Into sullying or getting infinitely
High with hands stretched
To touch the semicidal heaven.
They parked their cars
And unraveled their purses
And wasted all their money
On liquor, cigarettes, sex and lust.
They swore at that moment,
They were infinite
And invulnerable -
A menagerie of invincible specters.
Yes, they were all out
Of themselves
Showing off their lovely bones,
Pristinely sculpted bodies
Erotically gyrating on a bed,
At the backseat of a car
Or the back alley.
They were out,
And I can hear their voices,
I can hear their laughter
Resounding in my head -
Yes, they are all out,
All out but one.
I am hiding
Inside myself.
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment